Trusted Judgment for Navigating the Gray Areas of Legal Ethics Dilemmas
You Need Practical Real World Advice
The practice of law can include daily navigation of ethical minefields. It’s a matter of fact about the profession, but it’s not always easy. By its nature, the life of a lawyer can be busy, stressful and fast-paced. With the attention demanded by your cases, it can be all too easy to overlook complicated legal ethics traps.
The continuation of your professional career depends on ethical conduct. All those gray areas can be troubling and disturb your peace of mind. You know it would be smart to get the right kind of help. Having a trusted advisor you can count on helps free you up to focus on your business.
Everyday Law Practice Is Filled With Legal Ethics Issues
I do — with regularity — face situations where ethics guidance is necessary and there is just no substitute for Mr. Lewis’ sage counsel. I’ve relied on Mr. Lewis’ counsel on many occasions.
It’s Inherent To The Practice Of Law
There are plenty of legal situations where it’s not always obvious how to do the right thing. Sure you know the Rules and can read them for yourself. Applying them in the complex situations presented in daily practice while minimizing professional risk can be challenging though. Here’s a quick look at some of the more personal legal ethics issues you might be struggling with.
- You might be worried about something to do with your past conduct or present situation. You need a trusted advisor with the highest degree of discretion to help guide you through and get you peace of mind.
- Perhaps you’ve started to receive not-so-thinly-veiled threats from an adversary or former client. It’s weighing on your mind and keeping you up at night. You want advice or representation to prevent the situation from escalating.
- Maybe you have made mistakes where your professional conduct does not comport with the technical requirements of the Rules of Professional Conduct. You know that, and don’t need someone to tell you so. What you need is strategic advice on taking remedial measures and dealing with the real-world consequences at hand. You want to get back on track consistent with your obligations—and with the least amount of risk.
- Maybe you work in a toxic environment and are worried about how to extricate yourself. You wonder: How do I leave my law firm? You need a law firm exit strategy that can avoid any negative professional consequences. You may wonder if you have any reporting obligations. You want to act consistent with your legal obligations and do what is best for your long-term career.
- You may have an adversary who does not believe that the high road is the only road. That’s unfortunate—and all too common. You need an ethics lawyer to help you navigate dealing with the situation.
Legal Ethics Counseling Is About Protecting Your Business
Mr. Lewis has handled the New York legal ethics matter I had entrusted him with to my full satisfaction. He provided candid, effective advice throughout. I greatly enjoyed working with him, and recommend his services without reservation.
Invest To Defend Your Business, Reputation And Professional Standing
Reading the law is not enough. You need a lawyer who will give you personalized legal advice about your situation. It can make a world of difference to get advice from someone who has successfully navigated similar circumstances in the past. Just reading the Rules won’t tell you how to minimize your risk and work to protect your hard-earned practice.
You Need Advice That is Specifically Tailored to Your Situation
A Trusted Advisor On Call to Help You Resolve Ethics Issues
Every New York attorney should have the comfort of a trusted legal ethics advisor. You don’t want someone to lecture you or read you the Rules. You need someone to collaborate with you and give you advice you can trust. You want practical advice that you can live by—and run your business by. My background in Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility could possibly make me the perfect fit to provide that advice to you.
Let’s Examine A Few Of The Kinds Of Legal Ethics Issues You Might Experience
That Could Suggest You Might Want A New York Ethics Lawyer
Ethics issues come up in every imaginable scenario. Here are a few of the common types of legal ethics situations that attorneys experience in the practice of law. In no way is this intended to be a complete list. Rather, it’s intended to suggest the breadth of issues that you and your law firm could encounter.
If You Are Alone And Dealing With A Complex and Unclear Ethics Question…
Let’s Talk About Your Situation And Create A Plan
You don’t have to be alone trying to figure out the right next steps. You also don’t have to spend your time traveling to see a Manhattan Ethics Attorney. We can also work together by phone to ensure that you quickly get the help you need.
Let’s Have A Conversation About Your Legal Ethics Issues
Where To Next?
You may want to read our About page to learn more about my background as a New York legal ethics attorney.