The work you do as an attorney is full of difficult choices and high standards of conduct.
These rules and expectations can get extremely complex. Most lawyers take great comfort in being able to rely on outside advice from an ethics attorney in New York when navigating the ever-present ethical challenges that go hand-in-hand with the practice of law.
Ethical dilemmas can be a stressful area for most lawyers—absent trusted legal ethics counsel.
In high pressure day-to-day legal practice, some ethical red flags are not always easy to discern and can too easily be overlooked. You need an outside perspective from an ethics lawyer to better understand what your options are and how various obligations apply to the specific situation. In the practice of law, it’s not always easy to find approachable and knowledgeable guidance in matters relating to ethics and professional responsibility. Schedule your consultation.
You Don’t Want To Find Out The Hard Way That There Is A Gap In Your Knowledge.
Navigate questions of character and fitness for New York Bar attorney admissions.
My Legal Ethics Practice Is Based On A Simple Philosophy
Prevention and Mitigation Are Powerful Tools
Having a New York ethics lawyer on your side is the right choice. If you’ve ever had a minor issue spiral into a major one, you understand the value of prevention and mitigation. No matter what your issue is, smart proactive choices almost always save time and money. My legal ethics philosophy also includes the following:
- My approach in legal ethics—a field known for rigidity—is to keep an open mind. I prefer to think through your entire situation, looking for possibly better options than what is immediately evident.
- Taking a creative and proactive approach in managing risk. This is often done by scrupulously executing a set strategic plan with your New York ethics lawyer. In many matters of ethics, how you handle a challenging situation can have a dramatic influence on the outcome.
Mr. Lewis has handled the New York legal ethics matter I had entrusted him with to my full satisfaction. He provided candid, effective advice throughout the course of representation. I greatly enjoyed working with him, and recommend Mr. Lewis’ services without reservation to attorneys (or those seeking to become attorneys) facing any legal ethics issue in New York.
An excellent lawyer who practices in the ethics and professional responsibility arena… He has very good judgment and excellent knowledge in the area.
A fine lawyer, with very good judgment and excellent knowledge in the legal ethics and professional responsibility field.
Exceptional judgment, deep experience. I trust him with the most important and sensitive matters.
Experienced lawyer with highly impressive credentials. Highest standards of integrity.
Recognized expert in his field of legal ethics and professional responsibility
Mr. Lewis was was recommended to me by a good attorney friend who had the unfortunate circumstance of requiring Mr. Lewis’ assistance in a long and expensive ethics related litigation. While I have never had a situation quite so dire, I do — with regularity — face situations where ethics guidance is necessary and there is just no substitute for Mr. Lewis’ sage counsel. I’ve relied on Mr. Lewis’ counsel on many occasions and plan to continue to do so for so long as I am in the practice of law.
Powerhouse ethics counsel and very thoughtful; my go-to source for the thorny questions that come up all the time.
David is a knowledgeable, dedicated, and effective attorney. Sensitive to the client’s needs in sometimes delicate matters. Will recommend him without hesitation.
David A. Lewis Law PLLC Provides Smart Representation For Legal and Attorney Ethics Issues…
Throughout The State Of New York
You’re a lawyer or law firm that may have strayed from the rules. This has put your career and business at risk. You need thorough and carefully considered guidance to get you back on the right track. This can include taking a holistic approach to your problems by enhancing awareness and fostering a culture of ethical compliance with the aid of an ethics lawyer in New York.
We want to thank you so much for your assistance. Your willingness to jump in on short notice, the excellent preparation that you gave us, and your aggressive, yet highly professional representation of us at the hearing was far beyond what any client in our position could have expected. We will be eternally grateful for your help!
The Exclusive Area of My Practice Includes Legal Ethics, Professional Responsibility and Character & Fitness Advice for Bar Admission Candidates
You may be thinking, “Why should I consider hiring David Lewis when I could research this on my own?”
That’s a fair question. The most significant reason is that, as one of the top ethics lawyers in the state, I have served on the very committees and professional organizations that help to set the standards for attorney ethics in New York. Trusted advice from someone who has helped others successfully resolve similar matters can be extremely valuable.
David A. Lewis Credentials and Past Experience
- Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Professional Responsibility Committee for a three-year term.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association’s Legal Ethics Committee
- Member of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Standards of Attorney Conduct (COSAC). This Committee was largely responsible for New York’s change from the old New York Code of Professional Responsibility to the New York Rules of Professional Conduct based on the format of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Founding Member, New York County Lawyers Association Ethics Institute, Board of Advisors
- Vice-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Task Force on Non-lawyer Ownership.
- Ethics Advisor Appointed by the President of the New York State Bar Association to serve on the New York State Bar Association’s Special Immigration Committee created to help develop, improve and expand the standards for competent legal representation of immigrants in the United States.
- Member of the New York County Lawyers’ Association’s Board of Advisors for the Ethics Institute and for its Task Force on Professionalism.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association’s Council on the Profession.
- Legal Ethics and Civility panelist for the mandatory CLE program offered by the Character and Fitness Committee in the Appellate Division’s First Department.
- Adjunct Professor of Law for Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility at Cardozo Law School.